Friday, August 26, 2016

Runfessions (August)


Is it seriously the end of August?  That means it's time for RUNFESSIONS! 
I'm linking up with the lovely Marcia today from Marcia's Healthy Slice.
 Please stop by and join in with your own Runfessions!




I runfess...

I am still loving the fierce body markings you get at triathlons.   Although I was seriously disappointed in the placement of my latest arm number.  Actually, it appears to be saying "Look y'all, she's 80!"  Yeah, maybe not so fierce after all.  I wanted to tell the young girl to do it over!  I also somehow managed to get the permanent marker from one of my numbers rubbed onto the white patch of my new tri top.  EEK.  The horror!  I was very relieved to get that stain out!





I runfess...

Speaking of triathlons, I can't tell you how satisfying it is to pass young whippersnappers (especially males) during the bike leg.  And...on the hills to boot.  Thank you Sanity.  And since we are talking about passing, when I saw the lady with "51" on her calf just ahead of me during the last mile of that hilly run? It was on like Donkey Kong. 

I runfess...

These are my new latest "thing".  Has anyone tried Lock Laces?  I ordered a pair so I could slip in and out of my shoes easily in transition, but I love them for running most of all.  I've put them in all of my running shoes, in neon colors no less.  The top of my foot still gets sore sometimes due to the neuroma I developed after a stress fracture last year.  But the lock laces distribute the pressure on the top of my foot more evenly than traditional shoe laces!  Eureka!  I wonder if I can get away with them in other shoes?  



I runfess...

Two of my worst runs this summer have occurred just this week.  Our morning heat and humidity has been relentless.  I have 18 miles on the plan this weekend.  I'm doing my best to muster up some enthusiasm.  So far, I'm not looking forward to it.  

I runfess...

I was slightly offended by the stereo-typical southern flavor when I saw these at the grocery store.  {Do they think we all sit around eating nothing but biscuits and gravy?}  Well, I guess we do.  Yummy!  Go get you some.

Seriously, don't knock these until you've tried them...


What do you need to runfess?

39 comments:

  1. Lock Laces are the best! I have them in my current running shoes, and never took them off my old ones! I have even bought a pair for my son's shoes, because it's so much easier in the mornings!

    Summer is almost over, let's keep repeating to ourselves that it's almost over!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having to repeat the summer over mantra ALOT! I don't know how much more I can take. I wish I had tried the Lock Laces sooner!

      Delete
  2. I love having my triathlon "tattoo" for as long as it lasts. It's like a badge of honor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! These last ones didn't last very long. I should have remembered not to put lotion on that morning. LOL.

      Delete
  3. It's been hot here all week. I'm at my breaking point. I actually ran with the 51 year old lady and chatted for a bit...and then smoked her. I didn't feel bad. LOL. She had clearly beat me in the swim and I was determined to make up for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once you try LockLaces you never go back. I have them on my tri shoes and LOVE them! You know I was grossed out by the Prawn Cocktail chips I got in Ireland but they too turned out to be tasty. I will say I had Chicken and Waffles chips that were disgusting. Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These chips just have a peppery flavor. Quite tasty. I have a new pair of shoes due for delivery today. I'm putting lime green Lock Laces on them before I taken them for a spin!

      Delete
  5. I had a pair of lock laces but I ended up giving them away. Now I wish I would have at least tried them first!

    I admit that it excites me when I pass a pretty fit male runner during a race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pleased at how much more comfortable my shoes are with the Lock Laces. The top of my foot is going to always be sensitive, I think.

      Delete
  6. I'd be happy if I passed people -- most of the time, it's the other way around for me. But it does happen occasionally. Whenever I race, I always look to see who came in after me, and I always look at their age. :)

    I've never understood the southern biscuits & gravy. Biscuits, yes, gravy, no thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's funny is I don't eat biscuits with gravy. I don't like that type of gravy. But, biscuits with apple butter? Yes ma'am! These ARE tasty chips. Since I finished my last Tri dead last in my AG -- I was happy to pass one person!!

      Delete
  7. I had wondered about those lock laces... will need to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleasantly surprised. I had bought them solely for the purpose of a quick shoe change.

      Delete
  8. I can relate to that feeling when you "chick" a guy at an event. I chicked several dudes at my trench run. My husband said he'd never heard of the term...#whatever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely know that term! I even have a t-shirt about "chicking" dudes. It is a great feeling!

      Delete
  9. I had lock laces but I never used t hem so I gave them away.

    I love passing runner esp guys and younger women.

    I have a 11 miler on the schedule but I think I'm postponing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should have tried them. Having neon colors is a big plus too. I love everything bright. I wish I could postpone my long run, but I skipped it last weekend to do the Tri. Time to pay the price.

      Delete
  10. I've been seeing a lot of those crazy flavored potato chips but I haven't been brave enough to try any of them yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought them thinking my kids would get a kick out of them. Surprisingly, they taste good!

      Delete
  11. I have lock laces on my bike shoes and love them. I agree that the tri marking looks badass but I wouldn't want to stain my shirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I sure had "180" on my top. What the heck? I don't even know how I did that. I thought I got it out, but still see a shadow of it after laundering. Darn!

      Delete
  12. Glad the triathlons have been so validating for you. As I keep saying, who's old?

    But those biscuits and gravy Lays? Come on, man!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will go down kicking and screaming... When are you going to try a tri? You've already got the bike thing happening. And the swim is just something you get through.

      Delete
  13. See... Now I wouldn't ever think about eating those chips. Plain baby plain. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No can do on plain chips! BBQ, Sour Cream & Onion, Cheddar...

      Delete
  14. I runfess, I haven't been running much at all...those chips sound amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all runfess to that from time to time. Do what you can, when you can.

      Delete
  15. I cannot even imagine what those chips taste like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first thought was disgusting! My last thought was yummy!

      Delete
  16. Your tri sounds like so much fun! In China, the #1 DQ blizzard is the green tea blizzard. I'd try the biscuits and gravy Lays. I'll try (almost) anything once!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green tea and ice cream don't seem like two things that go together. But, I'm like you. I'll try almost anything once.

      Delete
  17. You really like those potato chips? I just can't muster up the courage!!! :) Keep on moving! You are making those young girls jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just taste peppery MB. I couldn't taste what should have been that milky gravy flavor.

      Delete
  18. Never tried the lock lacing.
    It has been 100 degrees here in Paris all week, and we have no air conditioning. I have mile repeats tomorrow. In the heat. So be thinking of me and I will also send positive vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my! No AC? I can't imagine. At least this isn't your typical weather. I appreciated the vibes!

      Delete
  19. I love Lock Laces too! That reminds me that I need to put them on my running shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly have more give than traditional laces and that helps my foot!

      Delete
  20. LOL, I haven't tried those chips yet...the flavors they've come up with lately have been something else! I haven't tried those laces but they look good! Congrats again on your tri!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always surprised at what chip flavors they can think up! You should try the laces.

      Delete

I enjoy reading your comments. Thanks for taking the time to leave one!